Highlighted

Photo dulled after editing

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've been really frustrated after editing a photo on photoshop and then comparing it to the original photo that I started with and the colours/highlights are a lot duller and the image after editing is less crisp in comparison. All I've edited on the photo is made the back wall completely white, I haven't touch the actual artwork. I've tried changing the export preferences to sRGB, I've made sure that quality is always on the maximum, I've selected the JPEG option etc and still the photo is coming out the same. Please see the images attached, one is of the original with the darker wall and then the other is my edited image where all I've done it's edit the wall white so I can't understand why the actual art work has changed. If you compare the whites on the artwork, the general contrast and quality of colours you should be able to notice a difference. 
Many thanks in advance.

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photo dulled after editing

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've been really frustrated after editing a photo on photoshop and then comparing it to the original photo that I started with and the colours/highlights are a lot duller and the image after editing is less crisp in comparison. All I've edited on the photo is made the back wall completely white, I haven't touch the actual artwork. I've tried changing the export preferences to sRGB, I've made sure that quality is always on the maximum, I've selected the JPEG option etc and still the photo is coming out the same. Please see the images attached, one is of the original with the darker wall and then the other is my edited image where all I've done it's edit the wall white so I can't understand why the actual art work has changed. If you compare the whites on the artwork, the general contrast and quality of colours you should be able to notice a difference. 
Many thanks in advance.

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original is in the Display P3 color space, which can reproduce a wider range of colors (and more saturated) than sRGB.

So when you export using sRGB, the colors are limited to the color gamut of sRGB, and very saturated colors, particularly reds, will become duller.

You most likely have wide gamut monitor, which can display the P3 colors.

On my wide gamut monitor I can see the difference, but when I move them to my second monitor, which is standard gamut, roughly equivalent to sRGB, there is no difference.

Most people have standard gamut monitors, but wide gamut monitors are becoming more common.

I'm inserting your images here.

In the future, please use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar instead of attaching.

Insert-photos.png

6EDAC7D4-06B6-4532-BB96-87FD625CF162.jpeg

88A4E519-CCC7-453F-B3A1-F828CFA15B6C.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0