• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo opens with bad quality (250x167 pixels)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Every time I opened a photo in Photoshop the quality was good, until one moment when the quality was very poor. Since then every photo opens with exactly 250x167 pixels. I'm sure the quality of the photo is good, so that's not the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this in Photoshop?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

How exactly are you opening the files, please show all steps?

That looks like you are opening thumbnails rather than the file itself

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more explanation. Can you show us a sample. Also indicate the RAM and the platform.

Ch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently added an external SSD for saving my files, due to a small intern memory, this might have something to do with the problem. I've got 8GB RAM. Not a lot, but I never experienced any problems with it. Do you think this impacts the capability of photoshop to upload HD pictures? I added the two photos: before and after opening in photoshop.bad quality.jfifhigh quality.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  When you say "high quality", what do you mean?  Where and how are you saving the files?  Are you working off a network?  Sounds like a preview problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"250x167 pixels"

Your image is very small. Are you zoomed to 100%? If you are zoomed bigger, it will be pixelated. Show a screen shot if we are not understanding the issue.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you opening the files, please show all steps?

That looks like you are opening thumbnails rather than the file itself

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you look at the PS screenshot you see in the title "_thumbnail". So this is clearly not the original image, but a thumbnail generated from it. So as Dave asks, how exactly is this opened and from where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnail's...  that was the problem! I accidentally downloaded the thumbnail instead of the original picture:( Thanks for helping me out so quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happy it is solved!!!!

Good luck!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys I am having quality issues opening my images in PS. I have a Macbook Pro and I am unable to access files through the "New" Tab, I have to drag and drop. Driving me insane. It's absolutely killing photo quality can someone please help me ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try File > Open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines