Highlighted

Photo resizing/printing issue

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble resizing a photo in order for it to print a 16x20 size and I cannot figure out why.  When i go in to resize the image, I change the width to 20 in and the height changes to 11.  I dont much care about the top of the photo so that is fine.  But when I go to put it into snapfish to make a 16X20 print of it, it is cutting off the people on both ends of the photo.  Can someone give me a clue what I am doing wrong??  I am using Photo shop elements 15

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photo resizing/printing issue

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble resizing a photo in order for it to print a 16x20 size and I cannot figure out why.  When i go in to resize the image, I change the width to 20 in and the height changes to 11.  I dont much care about the top of the photo so that is fine.  But when I go to put it into snapfish to make a 16X20 print of it, it is cutting off the people on both ends of the photo.  Can someone give me a clue what I am doing wrong??  I am using Photo shop elements 15

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you need to crop your image as well as resizing it. Resizing keeps the aspect ratio (the ratio between the height and the widt same. Cropping allows you to selectively change that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave is correct. One way I've done this, so as to avoid the guesswork of cropping and then finding out the actual dimension is off, is to make a new canvas to the exact specs and drag the image over to it. So I'd make a new psd file to 16x20 inches, then drag your photo over, and then you can move it arouund within that canvas size until you like the result. When making the new canvas, also make sure you select "300dp" for printing.

https://www.murrayslawannex.com/ https://www.behance.net/lesliemurray

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0