• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Resizing to square composition without distortion

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rectagular photos of different sizes and i need to know how to resize them all to 1080x1080 without distorting the image - its ok for them to end up with a white border (similar to instagram photo sizing) - (ive done it before but cant recall how - these are 3024x4032 converted to 1080x1080 with white border)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd make a new file 1080x1080 and then drag the photo over into it and move it around till it looks good. I looked at the shoes image, and I can see right away you have room at the top and the bottom that can be cropped off. You can't just resize a rectangle into a square without some distortion,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would use menu File>Automate>Fit Image... set 1080 PX is width and Height.  to resize the image to fit within 1080x1080 canvas size then use menu Image>Canvas Size...  Un-check relative and set  wirth and height 1080 px to add any missing canvas boarders will be added if required.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @JJMack 's suggestion and want to add that this way you can automate process using Photoshop actions and built-in scripts because from what I understand you have multiple/lots of images to process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Crop Tool.

Set crop height and width to 1080 x 1080.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you crop you discard image content. The image has different aspect ratio the image's composition is changed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like JJMack’s solution is the one you want. Below is what the steps would look like. If you want white borders, then while you are in the Canvas Size dialog box, choose White as the Canvas Extension Color as shown below. Using the Fit Image command means it will work regardless of the dimensions, proportions, or orientation of the original, so it works great for batch automation. 

Fit-to-1080-1x1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines