• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photograph border

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie here.  Trying to add a border to a photograph.

I select Canvas Size.  Click on Relative and enter my new size.

Now I wish to select a colour.  The Canvas Selection Colour box is not highlighted, therefore I cannot select a colour for my border.

What am I doing wrong.

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you click this option to bring up the Color Picker

2021-01-11 09_24_19-an_landscape_1920x1080_hd-wallpaper-424208.jpg @ 66.7% (RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged,

I cannot click on it because it is greyed out.  It's impossible to click on it.  I cannot work out why the option of Canvas Extension Colour is greyed out and not highlighted. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a background layer to your document. Convert the bottom later to be Photoshop background layer.  Then the option will be available they can not have transparen areas other layers can so their bounds can be smaler than the document canvas.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack.  I ended up contacting Adobe.  I reinstalled and no luck.  The option was still greyed out.  The technican asked me to rename a file.  And viola, it is fixed.  Many thanks everyone, it is appreciated.

Lesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The technican asked me to rename a file."

Was it the Preferences file that the Adobe technician asked you to rename by appending the word "old"?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Jane.  I had to add the word 'old'.  Not sure how it worked, but it is now fixed.  Do you know how that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lesley,

Yes, what you did was to reset the Preferences by renaming the Preferences files (just in case), and then a new one was created. You can also delete the Preferences file in Preferences menu > General > Reset Preferences on Quit. It resets PS to a factory installation.

Here's a Help file that explains how the Preferences file works:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane,

That helps me understand it better. Will read the link.  Much appreciated.

Lesley.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Lesley. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines