• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photohop 2021 Masking issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the newest photoshop version, masking isn't working properly anymore.

When I use the brush or filling tool with 100% black, the part of the layer i wanted to mask out is still slightly visible.

01.png02.png03.png

When I switch to the channels and use the brush again, it's finally at 100% and therefore invisible.

04.png05.png

But switching back to the layers and painting again with 100% black, it reappears...

06.png

I've checked everything, the creative cloud is up to date, so is the iMac - since today I'm working with macOs Big Sur - still the same issues. Right now I have to work with the old 2020 version to avoid this problem.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Have you reset the Fore-/Background Color by hitting D? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset the Fore-/Background Color by hitting D? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I did. The problem still exists...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brush Settings, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, the problem is fixed and I hereby admit that I'm simply stupid.

To be honest - I usually don't press "D" on the keyboard but I click on the small icon above the Fore-/Background colors to reset them. In general it doesn't matter how you reset it.... unless you don't click right... I must have missed it and obviously took it for granted. And as that happened right after the update (and never before) it was easier to blame Adobe 😉

So thanks for your help anyway. I'm going to cry now 😉

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don’t beat yourself up, you have good chance to run up against a proper Photoshop bug yet – maybe a missing HUD Color Picker, a missing Brush Size and Hardness display, … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the visibility of the lower layers make sure what you are seeing is not being blended in. You may have some low opacity pixels in the masked layer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed - but thanks for your help anyway 🙂

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines