Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photomerge crashes Photoshop before photo selection

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have an issue with using Photomerge in Photoshop. I have installed the latest version, and there are no errors so far as I can tell on start-up ot with any other functionality. The issue is that on opening Photoshop, if I click on File > Automate >Photomerge, photoshop crashes. I am no longer able to click on anything within the application and have to close it using Task Manager. No error messages come up, and waiting doesn't change anything. Within task manager the process is shown as 'Not Responding'. I am running Windows 10 installed on an SSD, and use a HDD to store my work, the bulk of my data. The Creative Cloud Desktop application and most of the Creative Cloud Suite apps are installed on the SSD, with the exception of Lightroom, which is on the HDD and everything seems to run smoothly. I recently switched devices. On the previous device eveything had worked fine, inclusing Photomerge. Since switching devices Photomerge has stopped working. I have tried reinstalling Photoshop, with and without keeping preferences. I have tried installing it on the HDD instead of the SSD. I have tried switching GPU acceleration on and off, as well as changing the default cache storage locations to both SSD and HDD directories.

Is there something I am missing, or is there an issue with the lastest version of Photoshop which has yet to be fixed which applies to my situation?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?