• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photomerge File specifications

Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to compare two images of very similar objects (C19th prints on paper) from different sources. The files are quite different (see the thumbnails): one is a high resolution scan from a scanner (TIFF 48 bit, large ca. 1.2GB) with a large amount of blank space around the image, the other is a stitched mosaic from ICE (JPG 24 bit, ca 200 MB) with little blank space.

Starting with the JPG file, Photoshop layered only the visible part of the TIFF image (as far as I can see -a portion of the same pixel dimensions) over the JPG to create a spurious layering.

How similar do I have to make the files in order for Photoshop to recognise that they can be resized and merged?

What features does Photoshop use to adjust the two files to be suitable for layering and about to be merged?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Crop to the image. The empty surrounding, particularly on the right, has so much structure that it throws the algorithm off.

The requirement is around 40% solid overlap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines