• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photomerge troubles

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!!! I have downloaded PS C6 free trial to to try it for a couple of days and see if it works for me. But the photomerge option does not work for more than 17 photos. Is it a problem with the trial version (does not allaw more photos) or is something else going on? Thank you very much!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Photoshop has many limit all applications have them.   One I think you may be running into  is Photoshop Canvas size.  The Canvas  maximum width and heights are 30,000 pixels. My Canon 1D Mk IV is a 16 MP camera in portrait mode its image size is 3264 px x 4896 px.  You should have around 40% overlap when stitching images.  60% of 3264 is a width of  1958.  I was a junior in high school in 1958  the fifty music was in full swing.  Anyway I do not think I could do 17 images for 17 times 1958 = 33

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no CS6 trial. CS6 was 2013 software and is way past end of life and no longer sold or supported by Adobe.

Anyone offering you CS6 is selling pirated software.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have refreshed the page Dave 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, It is not C6, is the trial version of the official page. I was wrong to put that number, I am very sorry. Could you please, help me with my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave, It is not C6, is the trial version of the official page. I was wrong to put that number, I am very sorry. Could you please, help me with my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Why download a trial version on an unsupported version of Photoshop, the most recent version is 2020.

Adobe do not provide links to older versions of Photoshop so be careful where you download it from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!, It is not C6, is the trial version of the official page. I was wrong to put that number, I am very sorry. Could you please, help me with my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happends when you try more that 17 Images? Photoshop has a 30,000 pixel width canvas size limit.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When finished, the work just disappears. That is why I want to know if there is a limit in the trial or is something else happending. I do not want to know before getting the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has many limit all applications have them.   One I think you may be running into  is Photoshop Canvas size.  The Canvas  maximum width and heights are 30,000 pixels. My Canon 1D Mk IV is a 16 MP camera in portrait mode its image size is 3264 px x 4896 px.  You should have around 40% overlap when stitching images.  60% of 3264 is a width of  1958.  I was a junior in high school in 1958  the fifty music was in full swing.  Anyway I do not think I could do 17 images for 17 times 1958 = 33,293  Pixels.  The Canvas width would exceed Photoshop canvas size limit.  You would need a Application specialized for stitching huge panoramas.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe PS 2020 limit is increased to 300,000 by 300,000  so 90,000.000,000 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just checked CS6 If can also do 300,000 by 300,000 canvas size but warns that old Photoshop versions can only handle 30,000 br 30,000.    I can not create a new document  that size though for Photoshop ran out of Scratch space. Photoshop Allocated all 136GB of my SSD free space for scratch an needed more however. I did not have a second disk assigned for scratch space.  

If PS 2020 where I have nearly 3TB of free space on an external use 3 dive I tried to resample an  image up in size to 300,000 pixels wide.  Photoshop was doing the interpretation however after ten minuets I cancelled the resize.  The progress bats had not reach mid point yet. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines