• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photos appear cutout and black in Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a layered file and suddenly my image disappeared. I can see the images on my layers but the main image is black or I only see an inch of my photo. I updated photoshop, my system and displaced the graphics processsor in performance. I have restarted photoshop MANY times and still nothing. HELP!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is showing a your image as black.

Which exact version of Photoshop are you using and what is your computer's OS? Does the problem occurs with all the files you'e working with or with this one specific file?

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

If that does not helps, please checkout the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks very much like a video card issue.  Update the video card driver from the card maker's website.

Is this a laptop computer?
Does it have more than one GPU (like a gaming machine)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ShauneThompson ,

I've seen this when image data has corrupted on me.

Try opening the image in Preview. If it opens fine there, I'd go with @Trevor.Dennis on the GPU.

If it appears broken in Preview, then the file is corrupted.

Keep us posted please.

Best

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | Morning Star Design | BA CUA |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDA | PADI | C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines