Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos automatically opening in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! 

When I try to import a downloaded .zip file of photos to Lightroom classic, they automatically open in Photoshop. How do I fix this? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand the issue correctly. Have you unzipped the zip file? Also, how are you importing images into Lightroom?
Which version of Lightroom and Photoshop are you working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn't open files. Lightroom opens Lightroom catalogs.

If it's been imported correctly, it will be there if you open the catalog. But don't expect to open the files themselves. They will, as they should, open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are you trying to import them? Double-clicking will open the files, not import them. Here's how import photos from a folder on a hard drive in case that helps.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines