Highlighted

Photoship crashes on launch

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run Photoshop, it gives the following error: "Eve 2 layout definition parsing error."  When I press OK it then says "An unrecoverable problem has occurred.  Photoshop will now exit."  This has been going on for months.  I have an older version of Photoshop that I'm able to use, but I don't understand why the latest version (as of May 2020) crashes.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoship crashes on launch

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run Photoshop, it gives the following error: "Eve 2 layout definition parsing error."  When I press OK it then says "An unrecoverable problem has occurred.  Photoshop will now exit."  This has been going on for months.  I have an older version of Photoshop that I'm able to use, but I don't understand why the latest version (as of May 2020) crashes.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not even mention what you environment is, Platform version hardware  PS version how do you expect to get any help?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Windows 10.  "Creative Cloud Desktop" says it's Photoshop 21.2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post any pertinent information?   From the forum guidelines.

Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers.
The more information you supply about your issue, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; 
  • Photoshop Menu Help>System Info
  • Crash Reports for Photoshop Stopped working  from Windows Reliability History viewer.
  • Device Driver version  Display adapters, Pen Tablets, etc
JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provided an update this morning, v.21.2.2.  This update solved the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0