• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 20.0.10 freezes - Windows 10

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 days ago I installed this version. I had no problem before. Since then after a few edits, PS freezes. There is no way to force close as whatever method I use does nothing. I end up having to turn off my machine altogether (Forced shutdown!).
Some problem has been created by this release. I also note when I close LRc, although functionally it has closed, it remains as an active process.

This is very worrying because I can't keep forcing a shutdown of my machine to clear PS, it is only going to end up with a serious problem for me. I'm now considering loading PS 2020, although I have no interest in use of cloud or running it on other devices, only to see it this has a similar problem. I'm using Windows10 with more than adequate memory - no problem before this release.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop freezing. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

No I'm afraid that made no difference to problem. However, I 'paused' syching in LRc, not that I was actually synching anything, but because I wondered if Creative cloud was constantly checking my synch folder (there seemed to be a lot of CEF Helper processes running which I couldn't understand), that does seem to have improved things. Ideally I would like to turn it off altogether until I need to check for updates, but it appears that I can't do that as LRc/PS won't stay open without being logged on!??. In addition I discovered that Windows was preparing an update that seemed to be stuck. I reloaded that and since then I haven't had quite the same catastrophic problem. I do occassionally get less drastic 'freezes' in use of mouse and general processing.

Regards

Calvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines