• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 20.0.2 update deleted my presets

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the update. Photoshop opened in its default state. I went to the Appdata folder to look for the old preset data, but the previous version of photoshop has been wiped clean as well. All of my brushes, workspace settings, keyboard shortcuts, gone. I'm trying not to panic, but I think I've just lost years of presets.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

It's possible that you got the 20.0.3 update that some people reported yesterday, someone here mention that it wipe their settings

Latest version 20.0.2 or 20.0.3 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

"DON’T DO IT! If you do decide to let it revert you back to 20.0.2, backup your settings, actions, plug-ins, and workspace settings. I did it and it wiped everything. Even though I can see the plug-ins in the folder, they’re not being seen by the 20.0.2 revert. I’m in the middle of restoring my Ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's possible that you got the 20.0.3 update that some people reported yesterday, someone here mention that it wipe their settings

Latest version 20.0.2 or 20.0.3 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

"DON’T DO IT! If you do decide to let it revert you back to 20.0.2, backup your settings, actions, plug-ins, and workspace settings. I did it and it wiped everything. Even though I can see the plug-ins in the folder, they’re not being seen by the 20.0.2 revert. I’m in the middle of restoring my Mac to the point before I did the revert. Going back up everything FIRST and wait to see WTF is going on from Adobe!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, happened to me a few minutes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, yes that looks like this was the issue. I think Adobe panicked and quickly forced a reinstall of 20.0.2 without ensuring app preferences were saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  Everything is gone. My workspace is back to scratch.  Do you know how long it takes to redo that?  And my presets and actions are gone ?  Really ? Did windows 10 buy them ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So as a last resort, I clicked on reset Shelle workspace which is my preferred saved workspace and it came back.  I am so relieved.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines