Photoshop 20.0.6 no longer opens files with a double-click - macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Hi there

When I double-click on a file that should open in Photoshop, it goes through the motions, but doesn't actually open the file. I have to do File...Open.

Please note the file association is not broken. It still says "Open with... Photoshop" as the default. And I reset that association just to be sure. I've also restarted.

See the video attached. You can see when I double-click the file on the desk top, it "expands" like it's opening... but no file actually opens. There's nothing in the Layers palette, and there is nothing to Close. But when I do a File...Open for the same file, it opens fine. This has never been an issue until a few days ago it seems.

I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 on a mid-2017 MB Pro. My Creative Cloud is up-to-date, and it looks like I am running PS 20.0.6.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

FYI problem resolved with latest OS update. Should have done that first. Sorry!

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Betreff: Photoshop 20.0.6 no longer opens files with a double-click - macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

I have the same problem running Catalina 10.15.3, Photoshop 21.0.3.

It once was fixed by editing the Accessibility List?

Now, three days later, I again can't open files with double-click

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More