Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 20.0.7 freezes after opening a document

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I have this issue since the last few versions of photoshop. No matter if I open an existing document or even create a fresh new one, when I start PS and open a file or create a new one, PS freezes for +/- 20-30 seconds, after then it works perfectly. But it happens every single time when I start photoshop and it's seriously annoying.

I tried to go through this fix-list, but my issue is not listed there https://helpx.adobe.com/de/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Any advise what I could try to fix it?
It's photoshop 20.0.6 and 20.0.7 on latest Win10 (October 2019) PC.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When you say Win10 (October 2019) are you talking about 1909 which has not yet been released, have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences

You may want to Backup your settings beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I talked about the Windows version which is available at the date I posted this thread, I did not talked about a version which is not released yet! It didn't worked. Photoshop still freezes, even with the latest update 20.0.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the issue you are facing with Photoshop 20.0.6 while creating a new document or opening a document.

Would you mind sharing the amount of RAM your Windows computer has along with the processor you are running on the computer?

You can try the steps mentioned in the article linked below to check if optimizing the performance of Photoshop helps with the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, sorry for the delay. Here's the infos you needed: 

My CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
My RAM: 32 GB RAM

I already gave Photoshop 20 GB of my 32 GB RAM. It's still freezing, even with the latest update 20.0.7!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from the preferences of Photoshop and reducing the Cache Levels to 2, then relaunch Photoshop to check if that makes any difference?Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advise, I did it, but it doesn't make any difference. My graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines