Highlighted

PhotoShop 2017 CC and a library

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to put PhotoShop CC 2017 to work on my new iMac but I have a message saying that "A required application library failed to load and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application". It's annoying since I don't know what library is missing!!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

If you have a subscription then just download the current version using the CC app.

If you do not have a subscription , then you should not have been using CC2017 as without a valid subscription only a hacked version would work, and you are on your own. We are not here to get pirated software working.

Dave

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PhotoShop 2017 CC and a library

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to put PhotoShop CC 2017 to work on my new iMac but I have a message saying that "A required application library failed to load and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application". It's annoying since I don't know what library is missing!!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

If you have a subscription then just download the current version using the CC app.

If you do not have a subscription , then you should not have been using CC2017 as without a valid subscription only a hacked version would work, and you are on your own. We are not here to get pirated software working.

Dave

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your subscription to Creative Cloud includes the newer versions. What happens when you install Photoshop CC 2021 or 2020 using the Creative Cloud app?

The 2017 is no longer available for download.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer; actually I'm in favor of keeping my Photoshop 2017. I don't know about the Cloud since I'm a bit old for that. I liked very much to have Photoshop on my machine than elsewhere in the Cloud!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only install Photoshop 2017 from the Creative Cloud app, and 2017 is no longer available. Where did you get it and how are you trying to install it? 

All versions of Photoshop CC are installed on your computer. It is never installed in the Cloud. There are "Cloud" features such as fonts and libraries if you choose to use them.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Jane

This piece of software resides on my old Mac (Sierra) and I just copied the whole bit to my new iMac. Unfortunately I don't remenber when I got it but it works. Actually it a version that I installed long time ago

The problem is elsewhere, but in any event, I'll look closely at the new offer from Adobe (Glad to know that Photoshop will be on my computer!). Maybe Elements will do the job! What get me a bit frustrated, is all the plug-ins that I installed from 2017 to today! But, as they say, upgrading is always aburden for the user.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 1