Highlighted

Photoshop 2017 Fonts are Wickedly Stretched

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime i add a new text layer in photoshop cc 2017 they are about 20% taller than they should be. and the character palette shows everything to be set properly (see below).

Anyone else running into this issue?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Arola | Adobe Community Professional

The only thing i see right off hand is the All Caps is enabled which could be the cause of the issue.

Untitled-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2017 Fonts are Wickedly Stretched

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime i add a new text layer in photoshop cc 2017 they are about 20% taller than they should be. and the character palette shows everything to be set properly (see below).

Anyone else running into this issue?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Arola | Adobe Community Professional

The only thing i see right off hand is the All Caps is enabled which could be the cause of the issue.

Untitled-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eeh not so fast, solvy mcsolverson.

I am having the same issue. Also notice the form of the "O" even if the font were all caps, there'd be no reason for it to be stretched like that.

I'll keep looking for another answer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MONXX_IX LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try to reset the the character from Windows> Character> check the hamburger lines> Reset character.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

What font has the issue?

Can you post a screenshot?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines