• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 Screen Snapping Issue

Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the newly updated Photoshop 2018, the screen snaps to center with various actions, like zooming, adding a new layer etc. in "Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar". Very annoying to have screen snapping unintentionally. I typically enable "Zoom clicked point to center", but even with this feature enabled, the image still snaps to center. I'm perfectly capable of determining the position of the image on the artboard. Is there a way to disable this new center snapping feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Hi All,

We have identified this issue as a bug and our engineering team working on this issue and looking for the fix. You can refer the feedback link: (PS 2018) How to disable new zoom center snap when in Full Screen Mode | Photoshop Family Customer Community https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-ps-2018-how-to-disable-new-zoom-center-snap-when-in-full-screen-mode

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please, I fully understand that with every new release some bugs, even with basic functions, may happen. But for something that ALOT of people use everyday, you absolutely should do something about it immediately. And I think you have more than 5 people working on an app like photoshop. Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others have posted, this bug is seriously annoying & is hampering my work. Adobe please get this sorted ASAP. Not cool to sleep on this for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem it's driving me INSANE.  Also, I'm not even using CC 2018 (because the place Linked Smart Object with Option+Shift to drop in the center feature was lost).....so I've been back on CC 2017 and everything has worked beautifully until this switching screen modes auto-recenters/snaps or whatever is becoming a major problem.  especially for someone who has constantly been cycling through screen modes for the entirety of my photoshop related life.  This "bug" makes me lose where I am because I can't switch out of full screen without losing my zoom-spot !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen! The update I did just today fixed this issue as well ad the font/character panel issue I was having when using keystroke or a scroll wheel to adjust the pixel size.  SO happy now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue also and since the new update when I select Full Screen Mode with Menu bar I only see a small rectangle of my file in the top left of the screen, the rest of my canvas is black. If I zoom in and out it zooms inside this rectangle only. Very annoying. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and it weirdly seems to be getting worse every day. For the amount we're paying for this, this is really not OK that it's been an issue since last year. When are you going to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've FINALLY found the solution to the problem (for me, anyway). This may help others! It's a WORKSPACE problem!! I deleted my Custom, Saved Workspace. Clicked on all the preset workspaces to see which gave me the most similar to what I'd been using. THEN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW - but after #2, click on NEW WORKSPACE - and then continue on to #3. ESSENTIALS is now the 'Default' - which seems to have messed everything up. Once you've created your own Custom Workspace, everything should work well. At least, it did for me!

How do you edit your workspace in Photoshop?

Create a Customized Workspace

1. Arrange the panels into a specific working order.
  2. Click the Workspaces menu on the Options bar, or click the Window menu, and then point to Workspace.
  3. Type a name for the workspace.
  4. Select check boxes to save Keyboard Shortcuts or Menus.
  5. Click Save. Click to view larger image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working.....but thx for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try one more thing, Gabriel ... when you've completely got your Workspace the way you want it, and named your new workspace, e.g. Feb2018, Reboot the computer. When you open PS and it's not right, click on your Feb2018 Workspace, and now go to various 'photography', etc. workspaces & click on each one until it's the way you had it in Feb2018. I did that the first time I tried all of the above and rebooted and it didn't work. Then tried this & found my Feb2018 in 'photography' instead 'elements' where I'd always created my custom Workspace before. Then when I rebooted, it continued to be OK. It's definitely a puzzle. Sorry it didn't work for you the first time! Have a good weekend, Thea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed answer but I tried all of this and it has no effect. The snapping issue also seems to be getting worse by the day. It does it every few actions now. Adobe, yo: this is the single most expensive thing I pay for that isn't the literal roof over my head. Something like this should not be an ongoing issue for that reason, particularly. I'm sure others feel the same. Are you going to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, Rebecca. Same is happening to me & I've been chatting with a staff member for over an hour & everything she recommends, I've done - updated my PS CC, my Camera Raw, sent system specs (and they say everything is OK & updated). I'm in the same boat as you & VERY busy!!! OMG - I'm sooooo fed up with this PS CC. Got to tell you - I've spent this morning since 4am AGAIN  trying to fix my workspace! Forget everything I said previously!!! Thought I had it fixed, but THERE'S A SERIOUS BUG IN THIS BLOODY WORKSPACE THING - OR WHATEVER - AND MY IMAGES STILL WON'T 'FIT ON SCREEN'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh mate, I empathise SO. MUCH. If you find anything out from the phone people, let us know. But seriously Adobe: this is is baaad bug. What do we have to do to get this fixed? Mass shame tweeting? Mass protest? Storm the offices? Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rebecca. Back at you! I stopped counting the hours after 27 & spent at least 2 hours/day from 4-6am & again a couple of hours @ the end of my workday trying to fix this - the past 3 weeks!!! In the meantime, it's taking me about 3x longer to get each job done every day (processing about 60 images). I'm now in the process of updating Camera RAW to 10.2.1 per the last comment I got from Adobe -

"Let me check with the team if the screen snapping issue still persists with Photoshop 19.1.1 update. In the meanwhile, you can update the camera raw plugin to 10.2.1 update. here: Camera Raw filter not compatible with this version of Photoshop "

Sure hope this doesn't mean I have to reset ALL my Preferences!!!!!

Yes, I'll let you know what happens!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND ... I've just finished installing the Camera RAW 10.2.1 update Camera Raw filter not compatible with this version of Photoshop ... opened PS CC again, and IT'S NOT WORKING !!! Same Issue !!! I'll let you know what I hear after I hear from Mohit again @ Adobe ...  https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mohit%20Goyal At least she/he isn't shutting me down & refusing to respond as a few others have - simply directing me to the Adobe Support page - which is no help, either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we going to get a free year of Adobe PS CC for all this work we're not able to do??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STATUS - Just spoke with Shaheen Afroz (Adobe Support - Bomgar - India) - CALL 1-800-833-6687 (Adobe Customer Care). Gave her screen access to my computer so she could SEE everything going wrong. A very patient, knowledgeable woman!! She had me delete all custom workspaces (6) which I'd created in the past 3 weeks attempting to fix this issue! She returned everything in PS CC to default workspace (elements). Lost all my Preferences & Workspace settings. She patiently waited while I put everything back the way I'd had it, saved the new workspace, replaced my saved Actions, and reset my Preferences. We then rebooted Photoshop and NOTHING IS FIXED. I felt sorry for her !!! So she asked if I'd hold for a couple of minutes, and she was going to check something - which she did. ANSWER - IT'S A CONCERN WITH THE APPLICATION & ENGINEERS ARE STILL WORKING ON IT !!! She's going to email me on Monday to let me know status. Perhaps if everyone calls 1-800-833-6687 - Adobe Customer Care - and insists that the conversation be recorded & sent to Head Office, we can at least get compensation for the frustration, loss of work & our time spent on this !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping to remind the engineers that some of us are still having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping yet again. Issue still happening. I posted a video of it in action in another thread as well:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of photoshop are you using?

In photoshop Help>System Info and look at the top line for the photoshop version.

What operating system are you using?

That was supposed to have been fixed

Photoshop CC 2018: Floating document windows in fullscreen w/menu bar causes window to jump to cente...

From the looks of the video you might be talking about a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update... Just updated to 19.1.4. Issue is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug talked about here is not the issue your having.

Besides it was definitely already fixed.

Something outside photoshop is causing your issue like other software, drivers, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on this thread quite awhile back. Bug really bugged me. But it was definitely repaired a few iterations ago, at least on my system.

Make sure you're not launching an older version of Photoshop -possibly from the dock, or whatever, as they're not deleted by default when you update the app.

FYI - I'm on a Mac OS 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely 19.1.4 Release (confirmed and rebooted the machine after installation) and OS 10.13.4 on a MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions on trying to resolving the issue / finding the conflict? Are there any known conflicts (with hardware or software) that would cause this issue to resurface? As indicated, I've updated to 19.1.4 and the issue is not resolved for me. It's not related to any mouse or tablet drivers as the issue occurs on the built-in trackpad on the laptop as well as with an external mouse. The laptop was erased and everything freshly installed before the machine was handed to me at work so, while I know they have third-party software running on the machine for security reasons, I have not installed any drivers or third-party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines