• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 (20.0.9) Freezes whole computer - Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently bought a new PC that was quite expensive, mostly for using Photoshop, and unfortunetly I'm experiencing a bunch of issues using PS that I won't go into detail now except for the most severe one - Photoshop freezes and the computer freezes with it and becomes completely unresponsive. As in, the mouse and keyboard don't react at all and the only option I have is to hard reset it. I can't terminate any tasks as well because the keyboard stops working. I should probably also mention that if I'm listening to music when this happens, the sound stays on, although it becomes stuttery and robotic. One time the computer froze and all the colors seemed to revert from 32bit to 16bit, and then it automatically reset itself. The worst thing is that every time this happens I lose all the unsaved progress I made, although I try to save my progress every few minutes.

It sounds like I might have some faulty drivers or perhaps the hardware itself is defective, I honestly don't know what to do and the worst thing is that this computer is barely 2 months old. I'm using an older version of Photoshop because I didn't like some of the changes made in PS 2020. I don't know if this freezing happens when using the newest version. Is this a graphics card issue perhaps?

Some info I hope is relevant:

OS - Windows 10 Home - 10.0.18363

BIOS - American Megatrends Inc. 2606, 24/10/2019

Motherboard - Asus TUF Z390M - PRO GAMING

Graphics card - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super (updated with latest Nvidia drivers)

Processor - Intel Core i9 9900K, CPU @ 3.60GHz

Thank you very much for reading and for your help.
Ben

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. You can install Photoshop 2020 through the Creative Cloud desktop app along with Photoshop 2019 and check if you experience the same issue.

Please go to the website of the motherboard manufacturer and check if you have any BIOS and firmware updates available. If you do, please install all available updates. Also, please install all available Windows updates on the computer.

You can try disabling the Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps. You can also try optimizing the preferences for Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the Nvidia Gaming device divers installed.  Try installing  their studio device driver see if that makes any difference. I always install the studio drivers for my Nvidia Quadro.  I do not  recall having  big problem with CC 2019. The latest studio driver is dated June 24, 2020

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines