Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 and 2020 wont work on MacBook Pro running macOS 10.15.7

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a student using the adobe creative cloud supplied by my university. I have install photoshop to use for some film projects and the software just isn't working. I have a Macbook Pro 2017, 3.1 GHz Dual-Core intel core i5, 8GB ram, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650.  I have had photoshop on this laptop before (2017) and it worked perfectly fine.

The issues:
- Whenever I open photoshop and I select create new, the program instantly crashes and asks me to send a crash report
- I can't access anything in preference or drop-down menus as I will receive the warning "Could not complete your request because of a program error"
- I have updated my laptop/ re-installed the most up to date version of photoshop twice, and I've now downloaded 3/4 different older versions of the software to see if the issue reoccurs.

I now have photoshop 2019 and I can create a project but I still can't access preference neither can I use the CMD + T control.

I so far have checked to make sure that the library folder is unlocked (it is) and the re-installs. I haven't had the chance to change any of the performance settings or anything to do with the plug-ins (These were the only troubleshooting things I found online). 

I have tried to contact adobe online support but it tells me I have to contact someone at my university. Which I have done and had no response. If anyone can please help I would appreciate it! (I also can't send anyone the system info from photoshop cause that menu also doesn't open without the error message)

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on?

If you are using macOS Catalina, please ensure you have Photoshop added to the Accessibility list for your Mac. If not, please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if you see Photoshop in the list with a check mark infront of it. If you don't, please add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking on the + sign and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart your Mac to check if that helps.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, 

I have tried all the steps you have suggested and I am still having the same issues 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I am also on macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info! Please try creating a new user account on your Mac to test if you experience the same behavior in that.

You can check the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be an issue with using the University version. As mentioned, technical support at the Uni should respond.

In the meantime try this: 

Unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall Photoshop again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've taken all the steps you've suggested and unfortunately I am still having the same issues still 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines