Highlighted

Photoshop 2019 - Delayed Actions, always a step behind.

Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ever since the 2019 update Photoshop on my desktop and my laptop is borderline unusable.  Many tools and adjustments simply do not apply, UNTIL you do something else.

So say I type out text.  The text doesn't appear, until I select another layer, then the text suddenly appears.  Or just now I applied a Stroke effect to some text, the stroke did not actually become visible until I moved to another layer, then back to the text layer.  This was happening to me a few days ago with many other actions also.  Such as "Undo".  I was erasing some stuff with the eraser tool (working fine), but slipped and went too far, so I hit Ctrl-Z.  Nothing happened.  Then I hit Ctrl-Z again, and suddenly it stepped backward twice.  I had to then do a Ctrl+Shift+Z to step forward one step.  So every single time I wanted to undo something, I had to undo TWICE, then Redo once. 

This doesn't seem to be everything, like I said the eraser tool works fine, as do paint brushes, however it is happening with a lot of different tools and elements in Photoshop. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2019 - Delayed Actions, always a step behind.

Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ever since the 2019 update Photoshop on my desktop and my laptop is borderline unusable.  Many tools and adjustments simply do not apply, UNTIL you do something else.

So say I type out text.  The text doesn't appear, until I select another layer, then the text suddenly appears.  Or just now I applied a Stroke effect to some text, the stroke did not actually become visible until I moved to another layer, then back to the text layer.  This was happening to me a few days ago with many other actions also.  Such as "Undo".  I was erasing some stuff with the eraser tool (working fine), but slipped and went too far, so I hit Ctrl-Z.  Nothing happened.  Then I hit Ctrl-Z again, and suddenly it stepped backward twice.  I had to then do a Ctrl+Shift+Z to step forward one step.  So every single time I wanted to undo something, I had to undo TWICE, then Redo once. 

This doesn't seem to be everything, like I said the eraser tool works fine, as do paint brushes, however it is happening with a lot of different tools and elements in Photoshop. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a fix for this? Similar is happening with me, paintbrush is a step behind. I draw one place, nothing appears. Then when I draw in other place, the previous line I drew appears. Happens with eraser as well. 
I have been working for 2hr and I have had to close and reopen Photoshop 5 times as this problem continues. 
If it counts, I'm using a Wacom Cintiq 16 and I originally thought it was the tablet but it's only happening in photoshop. Very frustrating. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0