Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 JPEG errors

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

Has anyone else had issues with their jpegs after editing In photoshop? Basically I’ll edit a pic in photoshop, save as a Jpeg, and then when I look at it on my phone or computer after saving it the image is either black, or very dark and saturated. This was not an issue prior to me updating photoshop and I have never seen this before. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen that. How are you saving them: save as or save for web, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using “save as”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried some of the other methods to see if you get the same results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly not certain if the other methods. I have always just completed my work and saved it as a JPEG. What other methods might I use to save the pic and post it on social media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using save for web or export as, just to see if you're getting the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reproduce the problem consistently?  If so, I'm sure Adobe would be interested in precisely how you're doing it, and with what image data.

Hi Chuck, how's it going? 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going great Noel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried to export it for web, came out really grainy. Good chance I’m doing it wrong. I wonder if the problem is in my presets? Like I said I never had this issue before the update and they look great on my monitor until I save them as jpegs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to try; no idea whether this might help but it would be interesting to know if it did...

Try changing the setting you've got in the Preferences 😆 File Handling panel for menu for "Save in Background".  Close and restart Photoshop.  Use it a while that way and see if it stops happening.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Noel, good to see you back, we can always use an extra hand - plenty of work to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dag.  Thanks.  I'm trying to get a good feel for what's going wrong - and right for folks.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick - what color profile have you created them with (go to the bottom left of the Photoshop screen to check) and have you saved with the same profile?

Just as a test use Export Save for Web and check the convert to sRGB and Embed Profile boxes and see what it looks like.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got the same problem & the solution

The JPG & flattenend PSD (probably the preview) appears darker (like a gamma 0.2/0.3) Didn't tried save for WEB

Capture.PNG

on the left an image saved by the previous version, on the right a psd saved by the new (v20) photshop

solution was :

Photoshop Preferences > Performance, and check Legacy Compositing. solved the problem so I guess it's a bug in the new compositing engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines