• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 Just terrible.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a Photoshop user since version 1. 2019 version is the only one that I have ever had trouble with. It's just buggy as heck. Brush and eraser lags. Transform box will freeze up.  I'm on a new Macbook pro with Mojave 10.14.2.  I've deleted preferences which seemed to help a bit for a few days but then it just starts all over again. What's up Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're basically volunteer users helping other users out, not Adobe employees and that means we cannot answer for them.

However we are familiar with CC 2019 issues and can give you a few things to go on:

One is allowing CC 2019 access to Mojave, Also see this document for other CC 2019 issues with Mojave. Some are bugs Adobe will get getting fixed in future releases. Don't forget Mojave is in early release and has problems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macosmojave.html

Another is to checkmark "Legacy Compositing" under Preferences > Performance in Photoshop  When you are done making the adjustments, restart your Mac.

If nothing else works, install CC 2018. Your membership allows you to install and run any version back to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the red marked hint. Please help: what exactly does if change/affect, how does it differ to 2019? Appreciate your reply.

gener7  wrote

We're basically volunteer users helping other users out, not Adobe employees and that means we cannot answer for them.

However we are familiar with CC 2019 issues and can give you a few things to go on:

One is allowing CC 2019 access to Mojave, Also see this document for other CC 2019 issues with Mojave. Some are bugs Adobe will get getting fixed in future releases. Don't forget Mojave is in early release and has problems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macosmojave.html

Another is to checkmark "Legacy Compositing" under Preferences > Performance in Photoshop  When you are done making the adjustments, restart your Mac.

If nothing else works, install CC 2018. Your membership allows you to install and run any version back to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, check it if you are having problems with the blending modes.

Known issues in Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just curious, what will be different if I check "Legacy compositing". The description displayed by hover mouse over are unfortunately totally useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: this info does not tell me the difference before/after.

Preferences 2019-01-26 09-48-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, forgot to add this in my last reply, can't unfortunately edit Comments once sent:

Preferences 2019-01-26 09-48-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, not much information here. Supposedly the new compositing engine uses the GPU and is much faster, but can be buggy with some cards. The legacy compositing engine uses the CPU and is less of a problem, usually with the blending modes. If you do not notice any problems with the new compositing engine, then no need to check legacy.

Photoshop CC 2019: 6 blend modes not working in Windows 10 (Darker Color, Lighter Color, Hue, Satura...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok, thanks for info.

Unfortunately I do face.

E.g. invalid displayed Hue/Saturation layer such as modifications shown in blocks and partially totally missing on the image. Example: colorising on a LAB mode image, this is snapped Ps 2019 already set to Legacy Compositing and Mac rebooted, so, as you mentioned, it should no longer utilise Graphics Card (if I understood correct):

16) * 2019-01-26 10-42-48.png

Umm..., I always thought, Graphics Cards enhance graphics on a computer (on FCPX and DaVinci Resolve they do).

Any specific know issues with an AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB?

Of an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3:

About This Mac 2019-01-26 10-34-58.png

gener7  wrote

I agree, not much information here. Supposedly the new compositing engine uses the GPU and is much faster, but can be buggy with some cards. The legacy compositing engine uses the CPU and is less of a problem, usually with the blending modes. If you do not notice any problems with the new compositing engine, then no need to check legacy.

Photoshop CC 2019: 6 blend modes not working in Windows 10 (Darker Color, Lighter Color, Hue, Satura...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could suggest turning off "use graphics processor" in Adobe Camera Raw. It has been known to cause problems even when not in use. I don't own a system like the one you have, but I am passing along what I remember.

Also here are the problems with Mojave and ATi cards: Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Disable Camera Raw GPU.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Imaginal+Cells  wrote

What's up Adobe?

I think you mean 'What's up Apple?'  The last two versions of OSX have been problematic with Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always kept this bit of wisdom from Noel as a reminder. I have two Macbooks and only the second one runs Mojave.

Upgrading  advice

Conscientious folks who need critical things to keep working don't just change out a working OS and complain to application makers that their having done so breaks their applications.  They test, they research.  THEN they migrate when it's safe to do so.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Imaginal+Cells  wrote

I'm on a new Macbook pro with Mojave 10.14.2. ... What's up Adobe?

Adobe Photoshop 2019 is stable for me with High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBH  I really don't notice anything bad with my 2012 MBP, and CC 2019. Whatever I'm doing it's not stressing anything out. Still I'm turning down the Mojave invitations in High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone for your responses. My bad, I just posted in a moment of frustration. Makes sense it's probably Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ok. I know you want to get your work done, not futz under the hood. Go with an earlier version. In time the fixes will come out for both CC 2019 and Mojave and then you can try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't plan to go to Mojave personally. My wife got on my computer for something and for some crazy reason, she just said go ahead to an update prompt on MY computer... grrr...
But I haven't ended up with too much trouble with PS 2019 for the most part. My biggest problem came from the Wacom tablet/mojave/photoshop glitch, but that was a pretty easy fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, me neither.

But if you want to have full access to latest FCPX features, you must update to Mojave.

Doing so, Apple is in-politely forcing its customers to upgrade. The Queen would comment this by "I am not amused.", either I am not.

Since Mavericks, step by step Unix commands are vanishing from the Terminal command set, such as "telnet" (which I use to check availability of remote servers skipping ping, for the fact, pings functions are obsoleted by most firewalls) and other legacy commands, I use in scripts since years, which all have become now non-functional 😕

We must face the facts: all major software companies degraded their customers from beta to alpha testers. Specially those starting with an A in the name.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Daniel+E+Lane  wrote

I didn't plan to go to Mojave personally. My wife got on my computer for something and for some crazy reason, she just said go ahead to an update prompt on MY computer... grrr...
But I haven't ended up with too much trouble with PS 2019 for the most part. My biggest problem came from the Wacom tablet/mojave/photoshop glitch, but that was a pretty easy fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines