• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 keeps flashing when I click with the brush tool/Finder Thumbnails not displaying

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://imgur.com/a/7F19hNI

Maddening! 

I'm using 2019 because I hate 2021, even though its brush tool does work just fine. 2019 is aslo a tad laggy. I did just upgrade to Big Sur, on a 2014 iMac, so maybe that's part of the cause? I'd really rather not downgrade back to Mojave, as Big Sur fixed so many issues I've been having. And I have so many PS preferences saved, I'd so rather not have to reset them. But any ideas for a fix, I'm all ears! 

ALSO, while you're here, after upgrading, NO photoshop icons are displaying in Finder. They only show the photoshop icon and not the actual thumbnail. I hate this. Fixes? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC2019 is not built for Big Sur and you will experience issues. The latest PS update from 1/11 addresses a lot of issues in CC2021.

One thing to check is your Apple System Security settings - making sure Photoshop has full disk access.

Other than that - it's going to be touch and go with CC2019 on Big Sur.

You could downgrade to Catalina but that would require a full reinstall of your OS (Apple doesnt have a direct way to backslide from Big Sur), which would mean you'd lose CC2019 anyway.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines