• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop 2020 (21.0.2) spinning wheel / lag problems in macos catalina (10.15.2)

Participant ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello to all,

after a few hours of usage photoshop 2020 (21.0.2) starts go get laggy and slower in macos catalina (10.15.2). i reset prefs by quitting PS, when i open PS again it starts with pretty good performance and in a few hours it turns back into the laggy mode. i reset prefs again, resolves the problem for a few hours and the wheel starts to spin again and again, tired of resetting prefs! very very frustrating and disrupts my work flow... very first time in my very long history of photoshop usage in macos environment!!!

any ideas about how to solve this? help please...

thanks, murat.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are welcome liann, glad 2019 is working fine for you. there are features that 2019 does not have and i am frustrated to have to use the older version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Everyone,

I read a post earier that the user was having the same issue and it was due to a firewall. Are any of you working behind a firewall?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks:  I have gone crazy with the spinning wheel on PS 2020 and 2021.  (I am still running 10.14 Mojave on an IMac 24 GB ram.)  I spent an hour on line with Adobe (I appreciate the attempt) but nothing worked. So I uninstalled all my PS versions (I still had some legacy PS versions on my harddrive). Then a clean installation of PS 2021.  And now no spinning wheel.  All features are working very fast.  So for what it is worth, trying uninstalling any and all PS versions and then a clean reinstall.  I hope it works for you as well as it has for me (so far....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines