• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 and 2019 freeze on saving recovery file macOS 10.14 Mojave

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on Windows 10 (i7 32GB RAM) and Mac OS 10.14 (Macbook Pro9,2 16GB RAM) and both versions (with current updates) freeze PS when saving the recovery doc.

It doesn't matter how many files are open or how large they are. Both machines have plenty of storage and work from boot SSDs. I've timed the freezes on the Mac and they correlate to the defined recovery doc save interval. Other running apps work fine and do not hang, so I know clearly that it is PS.

On the Mac, I can observe (via Activity Monitor) PS becoming unresponsive and the CPU usage spiking to as high as 340% before returning to normal.

This seems to be a recurrent issue and should be addressed asap.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop freezing on macOS, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, are you able to save files directly to the desktop?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, I'm using 2019 atm, and that setting isn't there.

Saving anywhere isn't a problem. I save to the desktop all the time. (EDIT: actually, my main folder on Windows is a subfolder on my desktop. And as originally stated, the problem occurs on Windows10 also.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines