• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Blank work-space issue: Black Screen

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to open any files or start any new docs in the new update, I had no issues with the previous version and now that I updated I have this plain black screen regardless of what I do? How do I get my art board and images back?Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.18.02 pm.png

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Ok thanks I tried that but it didn't work so I have just uninstalled the new photoshop and put the older version back in and it's fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shanan,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks I tried that but it didn't work so I have just uninstalled the new photoshop and put the older version back in and it's fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I also just updated to photoshop 2020. On an older iMac running high sierra. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved: Go to Prefrences> Performance> Advance settings> then uncheck 'use graphics processor'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant I have to say I was getting quite annoyed that nothing would display. Think Adobe could do with having a popup suggesting this when you first open the software after the update and save people a headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the best. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Thanks immensly, this worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh thank you sooooo much I was getting so annoyed and was about to reinstall the old version but wanted to check to see if I was the only one having issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch, it solved it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! and thank goodness for this support community! I really get annoyed every time I update, anticipating what changes will mess up my flow...and this saved me. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, worked for me. Adobe are the masters of putting out a broken product, can't believe it's been 2 months since this was first brought up and me having downloaded 2020 yesterday is not getting a version with a fix.

Thanks for wasting more of my time Adobe, I think I'll be switching soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you going to switch to? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much! 
Saved my project and timeline 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, but I'd rather like Photoshop to be using my graphics card as it's far more powerful than my processor, so is there a way I can not have the blank screen while being able to use my GPU? Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to track down the specifics that trigger this issue for engineering. For the folks who are disabling the Graphics Processor, what specific version of macOS are you on? What graphics card/model? What is it specific to a certain type of document (artboards?16-bit vs 8bit? Color mode?) The more specific the better. Feel free to post system info (Help > System Info) and a link to a file you're having trouble with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffery. I just bought a new Macbook Air 2020 with every single upgrade possible. And updated Photoshop today just shows black documents unless you turn of graphics processor. Is that expected? BTW, I worked on Acrobat for many years so hope Adobe is treating you well! Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect that to work. Let me shoot you a private message so I can get specific system info from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just had the same issue, it seems unchecking graphics processor box worked

not sure why it just changed though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

I am facing the same issue. I have a MacBook Pro 2017 model, with the lastest Adobe Photoshop 2023. 

I am unable to deselect the option to use my GPU and am stuck. I am not sure what to do.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.48.14.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @April2295564141o8 What options does the advanced settings give you?

I'd first try to uncheck the multiprocessor,

if it does not work, to check"Older GPU mode (pre 2016)" in Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview

and finally, if no result, to check "Deactivate Native Canvas" in the menu Edit/Preferences/Technology preview (Pc) or Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview (Mac), then restart Photoshop.
When you say the latest Photoshop , can you double-check its version in help>system info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! xxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have also just sorted my problem with this! Thanks so much, you are so helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines