Highlighted

Photoshop 2020: Can't save file due to program error on MacOS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop pops out with this message every time I try to "Save" my psd files or replace (same or any file) from "Save As.."

"Can't save file due to program error"

It only allows me to save as another format either create another file so I have too many versions of same work "work1.psd" "work2.psd" "work3.psd"...

Also when I try to replace a JPG file, it creates a new file as "work copy.jpg"

So, in conclusion, my Photoshop can't replace any file. It only creates new ones

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020: Can't save file due to program error on MacOS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop pops out with this message every time I try to "Save" my psd files or replace (same or any file) from "Save As.."

"Can't save file due to program error"

It only allows me to save as another format either create another file so I have too many versions of same work "work1.psd" "work2.psd" "work3.psd"...

Also when I try to replace a JPG file, it creates a new file as "work copy.jpg"

So, in conclusion, my Photoshop can't replace any file. It only creates new ones

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to update photoshop to latest version and try it hope it fix your problem...regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't answer before!

I'm getting to save the PSD files (maybe last updates?) but still can't replace JPGs

Also when I try to replace a JPG file, it creates a new file as "work copy.jpg" isn't solved yet

Thanks for your concern

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to resest your perferences...regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still making copies! 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0