• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 - cannot click on Create New Layer button

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have seen that the icon new layer has changed. Now it's a square with a + in the middle. The problem is that most of the time i can't click on it... i can't figure out why! Can you help? 

Also a COMPLETE (not just 10 or 11)  guide of the updates would be great....Screenshot 2020-03-16 at 17.28.07.png

[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]
[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Hello, try to update to Ps 21.1.2, it has a fix for this very issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Golly gee its not working again Oh Well......

Guess I won't get my work done today and miss my deadline.......

What is wrong with you people?

Every year this gets worse and worse, you care more about the $$$ you make in profit then putting out quality releases. Ive been using PS since the SGI days and as an art director for more years than I want to remember.

There are so many issues with the new version it is taking hours of production time and my $$$ to get anything done.

Really get your testing to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

This issue was fixed. Make sure you update to Photoshop 22.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't this logged as a bug? I recall seeing this a few days ago.

Meanwhile, use Shift + Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) + N or use Layer > New > Layer on the menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Wasn't this logged as a bug?

Not sure about a formal bug being submitted but here's a previous forum post on this issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/add-layer-mask-and-add-layer-buttons-not-working/td-p/10942...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, try to update to Ps 21.1.2, it has a fix for this very issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 21.2.1 and it stopped working today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Golly gee its not working again Oh Well......

Guess I won't get my work done today and miss my deadline.......

What is wrong with you people?

Every year this gets worse and worse, you care more about the $$$ you make in profit then putting out quality releases. Ive been using PS since the SGI days and as an art director for more years than I want to remember.

There are so many issues with the new version it is taking hours of production time and my $$$ to get anything done.

Really get your testing together and pay someone to test don't just throw it to the market and wait for us to do your job! You make enough money you should have dedicated staff testing, not in India but in the US, and have at least one person who knows and uses photoshop supervising.

You waste my time, the teams time, and our hard-earned $$$.

Not having the duplicate layer and all these other bugs are just inexcusable for what we pay for this product.

Come down from your S.F. pedestal and do your job finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's not working again? The "Create a new layer" icon in the Layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! Well said! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's 2021 I'm using the newest version and got precisely the same problem just now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem! sooo annoying! not even the shortcut works! I have to go to layer, new layer from the top menu everytime i want a clean layer. or i guess i could duplicate a layer then empty the contents of that layer, but that is too much work.

Not to mention that i am clicking the new layer button and i think it creates a new layer, so i start working, only to find that im still doing the work on the previous layer.

grrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work around is to go to the layers menu, fist item and add it from there.  I have the same issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was fixed. Make sure you update to Photoshop 22.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, I am sure that you think it is fixed, however I checked and my version is 22.5.1.  So Adobe needs to look again.  Myself and others are still having the issue periodically.  I have also noticed more frequent freezes in the program which require a restart of the program.  Thankfully Adobe can recover all my work after these freezes as long as I don't reboot the machine before I re-open Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue with the newest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

on version 24.5.0 and it's still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines