Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 Constant Crashes on Mac while saving files

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having the issue where Photoshop 2020 has been crashing during file saving? This then permanently corrupts the file. I've had this issue on a 2015 MacBook Pro with 16GBs of RAM, a 2017 iMac with 32GBs of RAM, and now a brand new 2020 16" MacBook Pro with 32GB of RAM and an upgraded graphics card. All files this has happened with have been under 1GB and the issue appears to be random.

I've talked to Adobe support about this twice, and both times their solutions did not work whatsoever. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}
TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 Constant Crashes on Mac while saving files

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having the issue where Photoshop 2020 has been crashing during file saving? This then permanently corrupts the file. I've had this issue on a 2015 MacBook Pro with 16GBs of RAM, a 2017 iMac with 32GBs of RAM, and now a brand new 2020 16" MacBook Pro with 32GB of RAM and an upgraded graphics card. All files this has happened with have been under 1GB and the issue appears to be random.

I've talked to Adobe support about this twice, and both times their solutions did not work whatsoever. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}
TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the macOS versions of the respective machines? Are you saving the files to the local storage of the machines or to an external storage?

You can try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop to check if that helps. You can check the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html#tuning-features

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0