• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020: Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker

Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am beginning to get the error message too often for it to be my jpgs. They open fine in Preview. What is this caused by? "unknown or invalid JPEG marker type"

Trying to Live Simply

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message " Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found" when trying to open files.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is your operating system?

Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-invalid-jpeg-marker-displays.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cc2020, catalina 10.15.7, 19,1 imac, i will resave from preview app and see if it corrects

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is happening to my saved folder of desktop images. I have maybe 1900 images saved to display on my Catalina desktop in System Prefs. I try to open some of them and PhotoshopCC2020 says it can't complete the request some jpeg marker isn't found. Preview opens them, why not Photoshop? Why is Photoshop so dang picky all of a sudden?

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important that the extension you add to the filename is the appropriate one for the actual file type of the image. When you choose a format from the Format pop-up menu in the Save As dialog box, the appropriate extension is added automatically. If you entered the extension manually, you could have typed in an extension that doesn't match the file format of your file.

Does the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-invalid-jpeg-marker-displays.html helped the cause? 

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have any trouble using the correct extension. Ive been using jpegs/jpgs since 1989. What is new to me is photoshop cc2020 has gotten so picky that i have to open a jpeg and save it as a jpeg in some other app. Thats a little sloppy to my way of thinking. I never used to do that w photoshop. Only recently. But thanks for your suggestions.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are apparently HEIF/HEIC files, that are getting a JPG extension for some reason. Change the extension to .heic and Photoshop 2022 will be able to open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines