Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 Crashed when applying effects

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't do much of anything in 2020. Simple project, trying to change stroke color and i end up with the spinning wheel of death. mac OS Catalina 10.15.1.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 Crashed when applying effects

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't do much of anything in 2020. Simple project, trying to change stroke color and i end up with the spinning wheel of death. mac OS Catalina 10.15.1.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! When I draw, the canvas does not get updated and when I move a layer it crashes reproducibly. I uninstalled everything with the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and reinstalled Photoshop, the problem is still there.

I also have send many reports to Adobe and never got any feedback. Is there a way I can fix this?

I'm using a 2016 Mac Book Pro 13" with macOS Catalina 10.15.1 and Photoshop 2020 (however I think I had the problem before installing the 2020 update)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to fix the problem? I just updated and now my photoshop isnt saving anything. It says the file is empty! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the latest update (21.0.1) fixed this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For it didn't fix it. It still crashes after a few interactions with the canvas...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try updating to 21.2.1, as it fixes a crash related to layer effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines