• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 crashes using brushes

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using win 10, last version of photoshop cc 2020 and wacom Intuos Large. Everytime I'm resizing the brush or drawing with a big brush size photoshop hangs up. Sometimes when I did something with the wacom pencil it needs plenty of time till photoshop reacts. Sometimes I have the same problems with the pen pressure like the thousands of others here. Any ideas????

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, please try updating the wacom drivers and let su know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sahil,

I'm running ios 10.15.5 on Mac book Air,  i've recently switched to my new creative cloud account and my photoshop wont stop freezing whilst using brushes. I'm also using my wacom instu PT S. sometimes it crashes after an hours work which is peak for my work especially during these times (exam period, deadlines.) I thought the problem might be due to my lack of storage so i wiped my drives and started fresh. the problem just like before.

Regards

Lex 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, 

I have tried this but the problem stays. Every time I am in "Select and Mask" and use brush, it crashes right away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest PSD version removed Legacy Compositing. I have tried numerous other things like resetting worskpace to default, then re-installing my settings, deleting fonts, adding memory under "Performance", etc. Any other suggestions? My PSD freezes after painting for a while (just using custom brushes, small files/few layers, nothing fancy). My 2014 laptop ran it better!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response is stupid and insulting! Since PS has gone CC I have had nothing but problems. I have been using this program professionally for 18 years, sometimes spending whole days retouching a single image. 

Using the clone tool I get about 3 strokes in and the program freezes. I have dumped my P list, uninstalled/reinstalled, removed wacom, tried old tablets, tried just the mouse, updated video card drivers, updated and reinstalled just about everything and this problem still persists! WTF Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sem problem exactly. Wacom Ituos 5 Large and Photoshop, as weel as Lightroom, freezes as soon as I get to a brish large enough.... Really annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem suddenly. It seems to happen most often when adjusting angle jitter or spacing.

I even created a new brush and angle jitter crashed it every time

I'm on a deadline I need this brush to edit an illustration that was built using all these brushes. I'm dead in the water.

Mac

27" 2019 Retina

10.14 Mojave

Photoshop release 21.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. When skin retouching using brushes (spot healing). Getting sick of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get stability and performance for our monthly scrilla please?

this seems related to the sliders. Using the numeriacl entry windows versus dynamic sliders.

This is basically a broken knob on a very expensiveprogram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I've already reseted preferences and all my wacom drivers are up to date. It's honestly quite annoying and frustrating paying for a expensive program that just does not work. I've already lost HOURS of work, I even used old versions of photoshop but it didn't work. Worst update eve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Morning
So, I've been trying to fix this problem for 1 week, I've gone a long way, even on a Chinese site, the best you can do is uninstall photoshop and install Krita, it solves your problem right away.
It's not evil, it's just reality, this problem has been happening since 2019 and there's no solution and no one cares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines