Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 Crashes when I minimise another program ie. bridge, illustrator, anything

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting really frustrated with Photoshop since I upgraded recently.  I have never ever had a problem like this in all the years I have been using Photoshop.  I'm not sure what else to do? 

I get forever spinning ball, whenever I open another program ie. Bridge when working in photoshop, my Photoshop crashes as soon as I minimise Bridge or another program.

I'm on MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

processor:  4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory:  32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

I tried to do some troubleshooting which helped a little, but the problem has not been resolved.

I think there is a serious problem with Photoshop?

Its not great!

Anyone have any ideas?

Annette

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 Crashes when I minimise another program ie. bridge, illustrator, anything

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting really frustrated with Photoshop since I upgraded recently.  I have never ever had a problem like this in all the years I have been using Photoshop.  I'm not sure what else to do? 

I get forever spinning ball, whenever I open another program ie. Bridge when working in photoshop, my Photoshop crashes as soon as I minimise Bridge or another program.

I'm on MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

processor:  4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory:  32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

I tried to do some troubleshooting which helped a little, but the problem has not been resolved.

I think there is a serious problem with Photoshop?

Its not great!

Anyone have any ideas?

Annette

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annette,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing. Please go to the System Preferences of macOS, then Security and Privacy & select the Privacy tab. Once there, please select Accessibility from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart the computer and let us know if that helps.

Regards.
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0