Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 crashes when selecting text

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been struggling with the below issue with current and previous versions of CC. I have sent in every crash report and tried all the "Font" solutions referenced with regards to text crashes but to no avail.

I have Middle Eastern languages enabled. Photoshop language is English (Israel) - I cant seem to change this.....

When creating a text box - I remove the placeholder text and enter my own. The second I highlight ANY of the text - Photoshop crashes. (Something I've noticed, is even when typing in English, the cursor is on the wrong side of the text and text appears "backwards" if that makes sense)

The only solution I have found that SOMETIMES works is to create the text box, remove the placeholder text and then change the text direction using the "Edit -> Type" options. This only works if I write all my text and then NEVER edit it again. The second I edit and select text - boom!

I'ts making it extremely difficult to use this program

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 crashes when selecting text

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been struggling with the below issue with current and previous versions of CC. I have sent in every crash report and tried all the "Font" solutions referenced with regards to text crashes but to no avail.

I have Middle Eastern languages enabled. Photoshop language is English (Israel) - I cant seem to change this.....

When creating a text box - I remove the placeholder text and enter my own. The second I highlight ANY of the text - Photoshop crashes. (Something I've noticed, is even when typing in English, the cursor is on the wrong side of the text and text appears "backwards" if that makes sense)

The only solution I have found that SOMETIMES works is to create the text box, remove the placeholder text and then change the text direction using the "Edit -> Type" options. This only works if I write all my text and then NEVER edit it again. The second I edit and select text - boom!

I'ts making it extremely difficult to use this program

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2020. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on? Have you updated Photoshop to version 21.2.1 to check if that helps? If not, please update the application and let us know if the issue persists.

You can try toggling the option for Legacy Compositing ON/OFF from Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

You can also try: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download Adobe fontest ?

Solution 5: Use the FontTest script to determine if there are damaged fonts on your computer

Download, install, and run the appropriate FontTest.jsx script for Photoshop below. The script can determine if there are damaged fonts on your system, or if some of your fonts are causing the crash.

Download and read the appropriate FontTest_readme.pdf file.

Important: This PDF ReadMe file contains critical information on how to install and run the script, and information about the results.

Note: If Photoshop crashes before you can run this script, the cause is most likely in the operating system, and less likely in Photoshop. In these cases, perform the other solutions in the document.

Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) the FontTest.jsx.zip file below. Then save the FontTest.jsx file to a location on your hard disk, such as your Desktop. Unzip the file by double-clicking it, and if asked, choose to extract all files.

DOWNLOAD

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got 2 failures in the script but not sure if this is related to the crash (this crash has happened across various computers of mine with various versions of CC 2020)

- Font 586: PowerlineSymbols (IOError: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop. - <no additional information available>)

- Font 760: TeamViewer13 (IOError: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop. - <no additional information available>)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0