Highlighted

photoshop 2020 crashes

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the midddle of a deadline- my tool bar went crazy- any selected tool reverted to magnetic lasso and

layers coould not be edited or used at all.  i have updated cloud and catalina- called adobe support and did the screen share- first tech said program was working correctly- asked for supervisor and 24 hours later the second tech did a screen share.  By that time I had restored the program and it was working properly.  He was so patronizing.  Said it was my problem because I was not selecting tools properly.  I have

used photoshop since it's inception and faithfully upgraded ($$$).  This problem has occured twice with

2020.  Choose the lasso and it reverts to magnetic lasso and you have to force quit to stop it.  Eyedropper inoperable.  Layers especially with type keep multiplying willy nilly.  It is not me.  I am using a Mac pro.

latest upgrade, wacom pen tablet intuos, latest upgrade

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

photoshop 2020 crashes

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the midddle of a deadline- my tool bar went crazy- any selected tool reverted to magnetic lasso and

layers coould not be edited or used at all.  i have updated cloud and catalina- called adobe support and did the screen share- first tech said program was working correctly- asked for supervisor and 24 hours later the second tech did a screen share.  By that time I had restored the program and it was working properly.  He was so patronizing.  Said it was my problem because I was not selecting tools properly.  I have

used photoshop since it's inception and faithfully upgraded ($$$).  This problem has occured twice with

2020.  Choose the lasso and it reverts to magnetic lasso and you have to force quit to stop it.  Eyedropper inoperable.  Layers especially with type keep multiplying willy nilly.  It is not me.  I am using a Mac pro.

latest upgrade, wacom pen tablet intuos, latest upgrade

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are lot's of people having issues with this release of Photoshop and mostly on Catalina, we Windows users are having issues also but not as bad as the MAC users are experiencing.

Some people reported reverting back to version 21.1.3 has resolved the issues for them and some have even reverted back to version 20.0.10.

I using version 20.0.10 at the moment as it's more stable then version 21.2.2, have both installed, new features are great but the bugs in 21.2.2 ain't worth the hassle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines