Photoshop 2020 crashing...alot!

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded yesterday and as long as I do simple tasks like changing a file size I'm good. As soon as I start to get complicated, ie: changing the color in a duotone or adding an effect to a layer, it crashes. I can't get my work done!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 13
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to downgrade to photoshop 2019 using Mac OS catalina 10.15.5 and now working. Thought i was having serious hardware issues but turns out this was the fix for now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too, dowloaded the newest 2020 photoshop today and it just keeps crashing when i'm using it. Using the select tool and its like it cant handle it and just crashes. Now in the very same day i've switched back to 2019 PS so i can actually do some work... please get it sorted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least you can do something - I can't even import my images into the manager - damn thing crashes everytime. My only alternative is to import the 1500 event folders individually!!!!!!!!!!! total waste of time and money. I'm sure its somehow my fault though, that's adobe's usual reply. After all, who could possibly expect their $100 program to do something that windows or mac computers can do for free, like make an image catalog that works? I bought this program for my wife who has no interest in learning more advanced photo editing software (you know, stuff that works, like Affinity Photo). I should have just spared myself the aggravation and half the money and bought her a training course on a working piece of software......Oh and before Adobe tells me to get a more powerful computer, I'm unsuccessfully running it on a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with 32 GB Ram, 512 GB SSD (primary drive), 2 TB Seagate Barracuda (storage) with a Nvidia GTX 1660 Super.................total garbage and no response from adobe........

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 constantly crashes. I have to take extra steps and saving layered PSDs, so I don't lose my work, before flattneing it to a JPEG. This is seriously unacceptable. The program literally crashes 20 times a day. If deleting the preferences isn't working for anyone, then I'm not going to even bother. Adobe programmers need to create a patch STAT and stop wasting all of their customers' precious time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU did or didn't delete preferences? Forget about 'everyone else'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't do anything at all, yes I have deleted and reinstalled the app and deleted preferences, this thing worked fine before I decided on the morally right thing to do and pay for it.  hmmmmm..... Life!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a subscription and can't even open PS2020 it just freezes and says not responding so I am unable to use it.

Is it worth trashing the preferences if I've never opened a file in it, can't get that far.

OS X 10.15

I've had to go back to Affinity for my work today PS Is unusable 🤬

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should try deleting the Preferences. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing gets worse and worse. First it was after working in my file for awhile, and crashed when I tried to do a complext action. I have done the preferences suggestion and now can't even get to step #2 in the simplest file. No other apps open. Hard reboot. No external drives. How can I go back to last version of Photoshop? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0