• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 crashing upon opening on Windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the newer 2020 verson and just started having this problem. Photoshop tries to open then it crashes. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. OS is Windows 10. I would rather not go back to the previous version. Any ideas on what to do?snip.JPG

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2020. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer. Also, please try uninstalling and re-installing the Graphics card drivers.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All drivers are up to date. Uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics card drivers.I can't reset preferences in Photoshop because the program will not open. It starts to the the Crash Report pops up. Loghtroom is still working and I can use an older version of Photoshop which isn't what I want to do.... that's why I subscribe to creative cloud. I also see this is a problem others have. Any other fix for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it helped me! 

Lots of love

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still stuck. Tried everything but the program crashes on opening. Little help? Surely someone else is having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having the same problem as yours at the moment. have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines