• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Creating Empty Folders When Saving

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a jpg file from Box Drive with Photoshop, make some edits and save the file in the exact same file format and name, Photoshop creates its own child folder (labeled Photoshop) next to the file that was just edited and saved. Why? How can I turn this feature off? I really don't need an extra empty folder in Box's Cloud file structure. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

It is listed in the fixed issues for version 21.0.2

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, on shared drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try saving the image as Save As. This issue has been reported and we are working on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as gives the same result with the empty folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the same.

it's terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to PS CC 2020 and am running macOS Mojave 10.41.1

While working on files on a server photoshop is creating a new empty folder named Photoshop, Is this a new feature I'm not aware of or an error? I'm not having this issue while working on files saved locally, only on the server. Not sure if more people are having this issue or if its the server I'm working off of.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too. is this a bug?

I running macOS 10.15.1 Catalina
tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, only on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Also Photoshop says the file is in use when trying to save it. Again, only occurs when saving to a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The File in use issue I've had for at least a year or two and I believe it happens when someone else working off the server has the same file as you selected, it prevents overwriting even if they haven't opened it. That's not the only time I've had it while connected to a server but majority of the time that's it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it was this simple, but I'm the only one accessing the files in questions. It happens even a few minutes after an entirely new file is created and I am the only one in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I've had it by myself as well but saw it more with others on the server, hopefully Adobe can fix it if its not a server issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I knew something was up from the update when it reported a file was in use a minute after I created it and started editing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue when saving a file to the server. Anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No word from Adobe. No solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some testing today I got the file in use error, typically when this happens it creates a backup version of that file in the same folder, if you continually hit save it'll make more copies. These files are now being saved in the new Photoshop folder it's creating, this would be good if Photoshop wasn't creating this folder when not needed.Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 11.58.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it only happens on network volumes, but I hope they will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the current update (21.0.1) got rid of the files created in the extra folder, but the "Photoshop" folder is still created. It looks like the file in use message has gotten better though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 21.0.1 and I am still getting those files 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can happen when .tmp files are on the server. Often these files are invisible. There are scripts to clean your server but I won't suggest any that I can't personally vouch for. 

- just in case - a tmp file is a temporary file that is made as an art file is being saved. After the art is saved, the tmp file deletes itself. Sometimes, for unknown reasons (to me), the tmp file will corrupt and not delete itself. Basically, the tmp file is bocking you from saving over the old file because it thinks it's still using it.

That will give you the message "file is in use" when it is not actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** Update ***

Adobe just released an update to Photoshop (21.0.1). The behavior of creating empty folders remains when saving to a network drive or cloud storage.

However, saving to local machine does not create an empty folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update did not solve this problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as others here. Photoshop is creating an empty folder in the directory of the file I'm working on. I am saving to a network drive when the issue occurs. Using macOS Mojave 10.14.6. This is pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines