Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Delete function Issues

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just got the latest update of Photoshop CC today and I seem to be having problems with deleting objects. When I select part of an object that I would like to delete, and press option delete, the program creates a mask instead of deleting the object. Up until know I had no issues with this function. I tried restarting the program with the shift/option/command buttons pressed but that didn't work either. 

Has there been a change in how to do a simple delete of an unwanted part of an image that I'm not aware of? 

I have macOS Catalina latest update also. 

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of pressing Option+Delete, make your selection and press Delete, assuming you are on a regular layer.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Simetra — also, I just noticed that you are in Quick Mask in your screen shot. You didn't mention that in your post, so I don't know if you are aware.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it was a combination of things that I had done and didn't realize. I appreciate your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines