Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 doesn't recognize scratch disk size correctly on Mac

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I can't open photoshop. I'm using an external SSD as scratch disk but photoshop doesn't recognize its real free space. It allways show same free space as main HD. It has 60GB free space.

Any help? Thanks! 🙂

Captura de pantalla 2020-05-15 a las 12.21.01.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hello! 

I discovered why photoshop "thinks" both drives has the same free space. I don't know why, but the internal name of the disk has been change. "SSS Externo" had "SSD Externo 1" internally (the name its given in the terminal). 

Changing the name in disk utility app and adding the "new" scratch disk, solved this problem.

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 doesn't recognize scratch disk size correctly on Mac

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I can't open photoshop. I'm using an external SSD as scratch disk but photoshop doesn't recognize its real free space. It allways show same free space as main HD. It has 60GB free space.

Any help? Thanks! 🙂

Captura de pantalla 2020-05-15 a las 12.21.01.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hello! 

I discovered why photoshop "thinks" both drives has the same free space. I don't know why, but the internal name of the disk has been change. "SSS Externo" had "SSD Externo 1" internally (the name its given in the terminal). 

Changing the name in disk utility app and adding the "new" scratch disk, solved this problem.

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue with the Scratch disk preferences in Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the macOS version you are using on the computer? Also, please check and confirm the file format of the external SSD you are using.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I'm on macOS 10.15.2 and SSD disk is Mac OS Plus Con Registro (I don't know how is it called in english, sorry. Is the first one apple recommends when you erase a disk).

I can't delete preferencies as you mentioned on those tutorials. I can't open Photoshop more than that screenshot i shared. 😞

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset the setting, you can manually navigate to Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/
Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings and move the Settings folder to the desktop. Once done, try and launch Photoshop to check if it helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

I couldn't open photoshop until I made space in my internal drive but the trouble continues. Now I've got 9,71GB free space in my internal hard drive and 60GB in the scratch disk, but photoshop "thinks" it has 9,71GB too.

Captura de pantalla 2020-05-17 a las 13.14.08.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for sharing the fix with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL a problem with 21.2. For heaven's sake, Adobe, this is making PS CC 2020 useless. Disk Utility shows 39GB free. PS CC Version USELESS shows less than 5. Cannot start PS. Going to have to edit in ON1 today, I guess.Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 10.53.24 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look closer. MacOS is also reporting 4.78 GB free.

But even so, 39GB is still nothing and you really need to free up space. You will soon have much bigger problems than Photoshop refusing to open. Your whole system is about to choke.

I can use up 39 GB in less than two minutes, just doing normal work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0