• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Easy Erasing on MAC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain to me how I can use the new feature "Easy Erasing" with my MAC (German QWERTZ Keyboard)
Instructions are currently only available for keyboards with “~” key for Easy Erasing... I dont have this key 😞

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is much to explain about the mac side since it should work exactly as it does on windows.

In other words, on both mac and windows, pressing the ~ tilde key (below the escape or Esc key left top of keyboard) while using the Brush Tool, erases instead of paints with the same brush and releasing the tilde key goes back to painting.

However, it could pose a problem if your using a keyboard other than English, since there might not be a tilde key.

tilde.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff,
do you work on a MAC or do you suspect?
I have done exactly what you have suggested and it does not work 😞

LG Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My keyboard looks like this

4174192_original.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a mac user, but all my modern macs have US english keyboards similar to the one i posted a screenshot of.

What language is your mac and keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

German QWERTZ Keyboard and German Photoshop interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i know. there is no tilde key on German keyboards although one can type the tilde symbol ~ using Option+N, that doesn't really substitute for the tilde key function in photoshop.

Hopefully another user will post with a way.

You could of course use an English input keyboard in photoshop to get the tilde key to use the new brush erase feature, but it seems like a waste for just one shortcut to have to switch keyboards when adobe could just make all keyboard shorts in photoshop customizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Does the same positioned key work i.e. the one under the Esc key? I ask , because on my UK windows keyboard ~ is in a different place, but the key beneath the Esc key, which is ` , switches on the same easy erase function.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any solution found since 2019?
I got a Swiss German keyboard layout on a MacBook. I can not seem to find the key.
The ilde key on my MacBook is °  § (degree and paragraph).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines