Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 freezes upon opening on Windows 7

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 with a Dell laptop using Windows 7: in only the last 10 days, each time I open P.Shop, then bring in a JPG (small, large, B/W, color, never more than 300 dpi), I perform one action (such as lasso, adding text, creating a layer - ANYTHING!) and the program will freeze.  I have to go to the computer's Task Manager, see that Photoshop is "Not Responding", end the task, wait for it close and then start over again. Strangely, upon the second time the same sequence of actions does not cause any problems.  

What is going on? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 freezes upon opening on Windows 7

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 with a Dell laptop using Windows 7: in only the last 10 days, each time I open P.Shop, then bring in a JPG (small, large, B/W, color, never more than 300 dpi), I perform one action (such as lasso, adding text, creating a layer - ANYTHING!) and the program will freeze.  I have to go to the computer's Task Manager, see that Photoshop is "Not Responding", end the task, wait for it close and then start over again. Strangely, upon the second time the same sequence of actions does not cause any problems.  

What is going on? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're are sorry about the experience due to the app freezing.

Please share the exact version of Photoshop 2020 you're using? The latest is v21.2.2

Please uncheck the option "Use Graphics Processor" under the Preferences> Performance menu in Photoshop and see if the issue persists.
I'd recommend that you check out this article to troubleshoot the GPU in Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

To get started, you may checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0