Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 freezes when I use the text tool on Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop program freezes everytime I use the text tool. Before the program worked fine but then I had to format my pc and now that I reintalled it through Adobe Creative Cloud, it doesn't work correctly.

The program open without any problems, I can use the rest of the tools exept the text tool.

I need help to find a solution to this problem because I can't be paying a subscription and not being able to use the program completely.

I am using Adobe Photoshop cc 2020 through a monthly subscription.

Someone help me please.

I have a laptop Windows 10, 16 memory ram, 2 disks, 1tb.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 freezes when I use the text tool on Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop program freezes everytime I use the text tool. Before the program worked fine but then I had to format my pc and now that I reintalled it through Adobe Creative Cloud, it doesn't work correctly.

The program open without any problems, I can use the rest of the tools exept the text tool.

I need help to find a solution to this problem because I can't be paying a subscription and not being able to use the program completely.

I am using Adobe Photoshop cc 2020 through a monthly subscription.

Someone help me please.

I have a laptop Windows 10, 16 memory ram, 2 disks, 1tb.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 2020 is freezing while using the Text tool.

Let's start troubleshooting the issue by resetting the Text tool itself. Checkout this article to know how to reset the Text tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#tool

If that does not help, chances are one of the font that the fint you're using or have in your library is not working as expected. We have a set of troubleshooting steps to identify such fonts. See https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever able to figure out a solution? I am having the exact same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0