Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 freezes when saving on Windows

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

• I am in need of assistance! My PS (CC version) has stopped me saving files in the last hour or so
  • I edit a video file (basic colour grade) and click File - Save As - Save to computer (pop-up box with cloud/computer destinations)
  • As soon as I select the Save to computer option, PS freezes, not opening the save destination folder menu

{Thread title modified by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience while trying to save files from Photoshop on your computer.

Would you mind confirming if you are selecting a folder which is on the computer's local storage or an external drive?

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Please backup your actions, brushes, etc. before you reset the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I am currently attempting to save a file from PS (CC) to my internal 2TB hard-drive as opposed to the Cloud or an external drive.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a similar issue (intermittently) but very irritating - I turned off the background save option and it has been much better since (no save freezing yet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resetting of the preferences also did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate a quick solution to this issue, as this is part of my livlihood and I am unable to complete work whilst PS is out of action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry that the steps didn't help. Please go to the "Preferences" of Photoshop, then "Performance" and check the option for "Legacy Compositing". Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

Also, please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm having the same issue (however, on a mac) with the program freezing when I try to select "save on computer" option in the popup window that comes up when I try to save as. I tried the steps mentioned above, but it looks like Legacy Compositing has been removed with a recent update. Please advise, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines