Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Freezes when started on Windows 10 Enterprise

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an Adobe CC All Apps subscription installed on Windows 10 Enterprise, and at the latest I have experienced some troubles with it. Currently, I have problems with Photoshop 2020, which only starts up with a blank screen, and seems to be 'frozen'. No functions seem to work, and I can't create a new image or anything. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop, removing all preferences etc. - to no avail.

I've tried installing the previous Photoshop CC 2019 - it works fine, while Photoshop CC 2020 still doesn't work. I have checked up on all updates of Windows, drivers, etc., and everything is up-to-date.

Can you please help with this?

Thank you in advance.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2020 on your Windows machine. It would be helpful is you could add a screenshot of the Photoshop interface with the original post so that we can see whats happening. Also, which graphics processor do you have on the computer?

Is the application interface non responsive or do you get an additional window on top of the application interface? If its the latter, please try quitting all apps, then signing out of the Creative Cloud desktop app and signing back in to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your response. I have attached a screenshot (however empty it is) of the Photoshop app when it has been started. The application is somewhat responsive as I can open the menus and select topics - however, when I select a topic (t.ex. File->New), nothing happens. No document is created. 

I have also been able to open an existing document and make changes to that. However, when I then try to save it (via File->Save or File->Save As), nothing happens; no dialog is shown or anything.

My PC is based on an Intel i7-9700K CPU, 3.6 GHz, 8 Cores, 8 logical processors, 32 GB memory, and a 1 TB SSD disk. 

The graphics processor is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, and I have two screens attached, each with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.

As said earlier, I experience no problems with version 2019 of Photoshop - only 2020.

Best regards.

Photoshop screenshotPhotoshop screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info and the screenshot. Please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html

Let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried the steps you described, unfortunately without luck. There is no such file (UXPLogs.txt) in the Logs subdirectory. Please see the attached part of acreenshot of File Explorer, for the list of files in this subdirectory.

Files in the Logs subdirectoryFiles in the Logs subdirectory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I have just tried to experiment with the Photoshop versions. It turns out that Photoshop 2020 works fine up to and including v. 21.1.3. Only versions later than that seem to have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

I've just downloaded the latest update to Photoshop (21.2.3), and it seems to start properly now. I still haven't tried it out in detail, but at least the start page opens seamlessly now. When I get some time to try it out in more detail, I'll let you know if I come around any further issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines