• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 hangs on save or save as

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue for 6-8 weeks. Very frustrating. Running Windows 10 Pro on a desktop with 24GB memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX950 graphics card, 8 processors 4K Mhz.Running PS 2020 21.2.3. My filesystem for photos is an SSD drive that I have used for several years prior to this occurring. I really feel this is a 2020 issue and filesystem issue with PS. I have OnOne Raw, but have used PS for so many years I do not want to switch. Hang seems to occur on save or save as. I do use Bridge and open the files in PS from Bridge. Not sure if any of this helps, but I hesitate to reinstall as I have not seen anyone out here that solved the issues doing that. I really hope this is not going unnoticed by Adobe and they fix it soon. I have run PS as administrator and that does not help. I have reset the preference file and that does not help. I have tried saving as soon as I open PS from CR and before any layers are added - that doesn't help. Files are being saved as PSD, but I did have sporadic issue on jpeg as well. Files are worked on in 16-bit mode. Really would like to see a resolution to this soon, but based on the number of unresolved posts out here concerning this issue I'm not sure it is getting any attention. Any suggestions are appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I found your query confusing.

Re JPGs, you have to save in 8bit.

Re hanging, try resetting your Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the confusion. I do save jpegs as 8-bit and I did reset preferences.  The PS hang is on file "save" or "save as" and as a PSD file.  Many others have complained about the same thing on this forum and I have yet to see a solution that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines