• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 hangs while saving on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with Photoshop hanging or even crashing while trying to do a save or save as for the first time on an edited file. I think I see an issue, but do not know what to do to fix it.  I started watching Task Manger for Windows 10 as the time of my save (first file to be edited and saved after opening PS). PS starts reserving memory until it gets to around 17.4 GB. During that time, I am unable to rename the file or continue on with the save routine. Once it has reached the 17.4GB, the memory starts getting released according to Task Manager. Once it gets down to about 9GB or so, I am able to finish the save routine. Depending on the file size,this can take a little while. If I try to do anything during the allocation of memory, PS seems to hang. 

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve this?  I am using Windows 10 Pro, with 24GB of memory and 8 core AMD processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 display card.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you are using by going to the Help menu, then About Photoshop?

You can try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I did not get notification that I had a reply. I am running version 21.2.4. I have also entered another post which describes a little more. PS seems to allocate 17.5GB of memory and then starts deallocating. I saw this with Task Manager on Windows 10. Once it gets down de-allocating, I am able to save.  If I get impatient, and interrupt this, the system seems to hang. I have 24 GB of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! Do you have multiple files open in Photoshop while this happens?

Please try using the Adobe Cleaner tool to uninstall the not working Adobe products, restart your machine and reinstall the product one by one via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Adobe Cleaner tool download link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Dear,

i am also facing the same issue.

lets see who can help us to clear this issue as soon as possible

Funoovr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Are you also using the latest version of Photoshop on Windows 10?

As suggested in my second reply above, please try using the Adobe Cleaner tool to uninstall the not working Adobe products, restart your machine and reinstall the product one by one via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Adobe Cleaner tool download link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines