• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Home does not appear

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first boot up Photoshop you get greeted by the home screen that asks if you would like to continue working on a project or make a new one. For the past week that home menu does not pop up and I cannot continue projects or start new ones. I've tried uninstall and reinstalling, resetting my general preferences and it does not work. My career depends on me using these apps daily and I have not been able to get any work done because of it. Does anybody have any solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
What operating system are you using?
Try the following:
1. Restart PhotoShop with Command-Shift-option keys held down. The dialog will appear allowing you to reset prefs.
2. Go to Preferences > General... and unchecking "Auto-show the Home Screen" and checking "Use Legacy New Document Interface"
3. Ensure UXPLogs.txt has read/write permissions
If UXPLogs.txt is Read Only, the Welcome Screen and New Document dialog will not display correcly.
Windows - Navigate to \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Logs\UXPLogs.txt
macOS - Navigate to ~/library/logs/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2020/UXPLogs.txt
Drag UXPLogs.txt to your desktop and restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the first two steps and nothing has changed however I do not know how to check if UXPLogs.txt has read/write permissions. I cannot find it on my computer anywhere. I searched my entire PC for that exact thing and it is not there. My operating system is Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To see the AppData folder you will have to show hidden files. 

In an Explorer Window go to View and tick Hidden Files.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10 for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I found it and moveed it to my desktop and then restarted Photoshop and still the problem is there. Is there anything else I can do or is it just forever going to be like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check...what happens if you go to File>New? Doing so should open the same dialog box where you can open new or existing documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens, normally a pop up would show but nothing happens at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using macOS and I do not have a UXPLogs.txt file in this location. Any suggestions? I have tried everything I've seen and have had no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're really sorry for the Photoshop home black screen issue. Please refer the following discussion and try the offered suggestions: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-total-black-screen-solution-wind...

Let us know if that helps to resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem as you. How did you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here and it results, I can't save PSD files etc.!!!!!!
have read several comments on the net about this problem. .

Now I'm sure Adobe knows this problem and its cause exactly. Adobe does not want to solve this problem ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having this exact same issue at the moment. Have you had any luck in finding a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines